Outside Groove Message Boards  - The Worst Thing To Happen To Racing...EVER! :-)
November 23, 2017, 08:49:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OutsideGroove.com is FOR SALE!! Inquire at outsidegroove@gmail.com if you would like to make an offer or see the numbers. Serious inquiries only. It is time for someone else to steer the ship . Will take certain vehicles in partial or full trade.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: silly season  (Read 577 times)
lastcall

View Profile Email
« on: November 07, 2017, 12:28:28 PM »

Well first exciting news of silly season, the new ownership at Thunder Road is now the new ownership of ACT.  Hopefully the fresh energy they brought to the Road will carry over to the tour.  Also hearing rumblings of returns of Pete Ainsworth, Kris Grout, and also heard that Eric Williams may be in a tiger next year.  Craig Bushey and Kevin Boutin recently purchased Tigers, this is all great for the sport, whether they race full time, part time or even at various tracks, it brings up car counts and energy for the sport.  Maybe a mini Tiger tour can be brought back with the new ownership.  Saw Chris Chambers in a Tiger at the Milk Bowl, with Kevin Streeter, Kelsea Woodard, Cooper Bouchard, and Brandon Lanphear all in Tigers full time next year, Thunder Road only  looks to be getting its old magic back.  I know its not the 40 Tigers in the pits like years past, but definitely trending in the right direction.  Hope even if car counts expand past 30 they only start 26, better racing for the fans, this coming from a guy who is yet to put together a solid 40 lap run.  Would love to see John Donahue get out of the rocking chair and into the seat of his brand new Tiger sitting in his shop.  Can you imagine Dwayne, Eric, and John banging doors again, talk about selling tickets.  Haven't heard much from the Late Model ranks yet, with new management I'm guessing some big news to be following. Anyone else have any news or thoughts to pass along
Outside Groove
King of all things OG!!
Administrator
I have no life!!

Space for rent

theoutsidegroove
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 06:07:06 AM »

Amazing that the new owners have taken on the things that Andy B and myself had pointed out as major problems and the reason the track was losing cars and fans and have turned it around. Maybe instead of people getting so butt hurt that someone was criticizing their favorite track and worried about our feud with promoter they should listen to the message and not base their hate on who the messenger is.

I for one think what is going on at TR is awesome, the old energy there is back. Kudos to everyone involved.

Punctuation and capitalization is the difference between: Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse. And: helping your uncle jack off a horse

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.' Thomas Jefferson
"The only traction control I need is in my right foot," Patrick Laperle
"Race Car driving is like sex. Most men think they are good at it."-- Jay Leno
Outside Groove Message Boards - The Worst Thing To Happen To Racing...EVER! :-)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 06:07:06 AM »

99.9theboy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:47:12 AM »

Great momentum for sure.  I'm excited to see what improvements Chris and Pat have up their sleeves next.

As far as my old man racing next year, that's news to me! As much as I'd enjoy watching him wheel a race car again, I'm afraid your rumor is just that.  Curious who you heard that from?
lastcall

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »

Another racer told me your dad was getting a tiger.  Must have been wishful thinking on his part or misunderstanding of their conversation.  Maybe you can pump some fire into him, you know he would have a blast, more hobby than business compared to the late models.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC